Look Forward to an Energy-Efficient Spring!
The spring season is almost upon us! As we look forward to hanging up our winter coats and turning down our thermostats, the start of spring is also a fresh opportunity for you to save money on your energy bills. We know that using a heating system from Parker Oil Company promotes energy-efficient heating in the winter, but what can you do to limit energy costs in the spring?
Here are a few spring-time energy tips.
- Open your windows: Avoid turning on your air conditioning and naturally cool your home by opening the windows and letting the air inside.
- Use ceiling fans: Cooling your home with ceiling fans instead of air conditioning will help lower your electricity bill.
- Schedule a heating or cooling system tune-up: Annual tune-ups and maintenance will help improve the efficiency of your heating and cooling systems when it comes time to use them.
- Use window treatments: Energy-efficient blinds and shades can block out sunlight and reduce heat inside your home when temperatures rise.
- Replace weather stripping: A newly sealed window will help to keep the warm air outside and the cool air in.
- Consider upgrading: Energy-efficient heating upgrades can earn you $600 or more in tax credits.