How You Can Improve Your Heating System’s Efficiency
Nothing can replace the knowledge, training and experience that a Parker Oil & Propane technician brings to your home comfort equipment, but that’s not to say that there isn’t anything you or other Virginia homeowners can do to help bolster the capabilities of your heating equipment – especially when it comes to the equipment’s efficiency.
What is efficiency?
For those unfamiliar with the term’s meaning, efficiency is your heating system’s ability to take heating oil and turn it into usable heat. The higher the efficiency, the less fuel is wasted. This means that high efficiency is important for keeping heating costs under control!
Here are some steps you can take to help improve your home’s heating efficiency:
- Clean or replace filters for your furnace at least once a month to maintain optimal airflow and comfort
- Keep warm-air registers, baseboard heaters and radiators from being blocked by furniture, carpeting, drapes or dust by keeping them clean and clear
- Inspect exterior vents, keeping them clear of debris and nests
- Keep the area around your outdoor condenser unit clear of sticks, rocks, leaves, ice, snow and other debris that accumulates over time
- Install and learn how to best utilize a programmable or smart thermostat to help save on energy costs
- Check and replace weather stripping and caulk around doors and windows to keep out cold drafts and keep in the warm air
Once you’ve checked off all the tasks above, you can bring Parker Oil & Propane’s technicians into the fray! We perform service and maintenance on advanced, high-efficiency home heating equipment to keep it operating at peak performance. Contact us today to schedule your equipment maintenance!