Position Location- Suffolk, VA
Safely performs propane tank sets, installations, leak and pressure test and repairs on gas burning appliances in accordance with local, state and national codes.
To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily.
- Deliver, set and install propane tanks and gas lines
- Drive a van or boom truck for delivering or installations
- Conduct system leak and pressure test
- Troubleshoots and repairs gas burning appliances
- Ensure company and local, state and national safety, policy, regulatory standards are met an maintain a zero preventable accidents
- Maintain gas check and compliance forms
- Deliver new customer safety information packet and review with customer to insure customer is aware of the dangers of propane and propane safety
- Load, unload and safely operate gasoline powered trencher to install gas lines
- Class B Commercial Driver’s License-Hazardous Materials
- Tank and Air Brake Endorsements
- DOT Medical Card
- Must have customer service skills- will be communicating with homeowners in a friendly and respectful manner
- Must be able to climb in and out of the back of a service truck
- Must be able to sense sound (ability to hear a pressure leak)
- Sense of smell (ability to smell odorant in propane)
- Must be able to work in enclosed areas such as crawl spaces and attic
- Must be able to frequently lift/carry loads up to 50 lbs and occasionally lift/carry loads up to 100 lbs
- Must be able to stand constantly, walk frequently, work with hands constantly and occasionally reach outward, reach above the shoulders, climb, crawl, squat or kneel and bend
- Previous experience in the industry is a plus.
Parker Oil and Propane is headquartered in South Hill, VA. Parker offers a generous compensation package including 401-k with match, Medical, Dental, Vision and other ancillary benefits. Company paid Life Insurance. Paid time off including holidays. If you are interested in a position, and feel you meet the requirements set forth, please email your resume to firstname.lastname@example.org. No relocation assistance is offered and local candidates are encouraged to apply. EOE.
Full Time Position.
Parker Oil and Propane, a full service oil and propane company has an opening for a Service Manager in the South Hill Service Department. This position is full time, M-F.
Duties include but are not limited to:
- Route, plan and dispatch work orders daily to technicians
- Provide assistance and training for technicians and CSR
- Review of completed work orders for billing
- Keep track of all inventory
- Prepare monthly reports for Propane General Manager
- Review, approve, and correct employee timesheets.
- Responsible for ensuring staff is providing great customer service when customers call in and when technicians visit customers to service or install products.
- Responsible for maintaining inventory.
- Required to attend monthly management meetings.
This position requires a master license in electrical and gas fitter and at least 5 years’ experience in a job related field. This position requires a CDL with hazmat endorsement. Candidate must be able to operate a computer efficiently, including all Microsoft Office products and email. This position requires someone who is professional with the staff and customers at all times and is able to communicate both verbally and in writing in a professional manner.
If you feel you meet these qualifications and are interested in this position, please EMAIL your resume to email@example.com. This position is local to the South Hill area and will not be offering relocation. Full benefits are part of the compensation package.
Regional Sales Manager:
Full Time Position.
Under the general supervision of the Chief Operating Officer, the Regional Sales Manager is responsible for securing additional and managing current customers or distributors for all Parker Oil Company’s product lines. This position requires that the sales team secure adequate distribution channels within a 100 mile area to ensure proper coverage and market penetration. The Regional Manager is also required to manage supplier and distributor agreements while assisting his/her direct supervisor in developing realistic sales plans that will ensure profitable long-range growth.
- Secure solid distribution within the region to ensure appropriate coverage and market share with commercial and residential accounts of propane, diesel, and gasoline product lines.
- Plan management and sales enhanced activities to ensure that key distributor and customer relations are maintained, while prioritizing the most important issues and opportunities, so they may be addressed accordingly.
- Develop positive relationships working with the outside sales team. Secure orders through traditional distributors and customers, within the assigned region to meet planned objectives.
- Identify key sales opportunities, either in the form of new distribution or existing distribution to increase sales within the region.
- Secure market information pertaining to new product needs, program opportunities, national account opportunities, competitive issues, and distributor issues/opportunities for communication, review, and action.
- Prepare and submit weekly sales and prospect activity to direct supervisor on a weekly basis.
- Working with outside sales, assist with quotes, service issues, contractual requirements, negotiation of final terms, and execution of product sales.
- Monitor project activity for island, canopy, software, hardware, and dispenser installs/upgrades. Involve the field maintenance department, distributors, and subcontractors when necessary.
- Manage and assess the outside sales representatives training needs and develop specific areas of responsibility (AOR) plans and programs to improve their ability to grow overall sales. Educate outside sales reps on the use, features, and benefits of all Parker Oil Company’s product lines.
- On the road travel will be required up to 75% of the time.
- Professional appearance is required as well as strong verbal and written communication skills.
- Retrieve competitive data (pricing, promotions, new products, contract terms, etc.) on a regular basis and share with outside sales reps, plant managers, and senior leadership.
- Provide solid information on why a potential customer won’t do business with us and why they are doing business with the competition.
Minimum Knowledge and Skill Requirements:
High school education required. Bachelor’s Degree in Business or Marketing preferred.
Preference of ten (10) years’ experience in the oil/propane/lubrication industry or industrial sales. Successful background in selling to new customers along with the ability to retain customers. Excellent computer skills required to include Microsoft Office and database type products.
This is a Full Time position with full benefits including Medical, Dental, Vision, Life Insurance, 401-k, paid time off, etc…. Please send resumes to firstname.lastname@example.org.