Position Location- Suffolk, VA | Burkeville, VA | Emporia, VA
Safely performs propane tank sets, installations, leak and pressure test and repairs on gas burning appliances in accordance with local, state and national codes.
To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily.
- Deliver, set and install propane tanks and gas lines
- Drive a van or boom truck for delivering or installations
- Conduct system leak and pressure test
- Troubleshoots and repairs gas burning appliances
- Ensure company and local, state and national safety, policy, regulatory standards are met an maintain a zero preventable accidents
- Maintain gas check and compliance forms
- Deliver new customer safety information packet and review with customer to insure customer is aware of the dangers of propane and propane safety
- Load, unload and safely operate gasoline powered trencher to install gas lines
- Class B Commercial Driver’s License-Hazardous Materials
- Tank and Air Brake Endorsements
- DOT Medical Card
- Must have customer service skills- will be communicating with homeowners in a friendly and respectful manner
- Must be able to climb in and out of the back of a service truck
- Must be able to sense sound (ability to hear a pressure leak)
- Sense of smell (ability to smell odorant in propane)
- Must be able to work in enclosed areas such as crawl spaces and attic
- Must be able to frequently lift/carry loads up to 50 lbs and occasionally lift/carry loads up to 100 lbs
- Must be able to stand constantly, walk frequently, work with hands constantly and occasionally reach outward, reach above the shoulders, climb, crawl, squat or kneel and bend
- Previous experience in the industry is a plus.
Parker Oil and Propane is headquartered in South Hill, VA. Parker offers a generous compensation package including 401-k with match, Medical, Dental, Vision and other ancillary benefits. Company paid Life Insurance. Paid time off including holidays. If you are interested in a position, and feel you meet the requirements set forth, please email your resume to email@example.com. No relocation assistance is offered and local candidates are encouraged to apply. EOE.
Full Time Position
Parker Oil Company headquartered in South Hill, VA is currently seeking a Delivery Driver for the Emporia, VA, Hopewell, VA, Suffolk, VA, and Hopewell, VA Propane and Oil Plant.
Drive a commercial vehicle with a capacity of at least 33,000 GVW, to transport and deliver liquefied petroleum products (LPG) to home, agriculture, and business/commercial and construction sites as needed. The job requires the driver to load and unload the truck and to use handheld computer equipment in the delivery truck. The job requires a Class B commercial drivers' license with Hazardous Materials and Tanker endorsements, DOT Medical card and random drug and alcohol screenings semiannually.
- Follow appropriate safety procedures when transporting hazardous materials.
- Check the vehicle before driving daily to ensure that mechanical, safety and emergency equipment is in good working order.
- Maintain logs of vehicle service and repair status, following applicable state and federal regulations.
- Obtain receipts or signatures when loads are delivered, and collect payment for services when required.
- Check all load-related documentation to ensure that it is complete and accurate.
- Drive trucks with capacities greater than 3 tons, not including tractor-trailer combinations, in order to transport and deliver products, or other materials.
- Report vehicle defects, accidents, traffic violations, or damage to the vehicles to the supervisor immediately.
- Read and interpret maps in order to determine vehicle routes.
- Collect delivery instructions from appropriate sources, verifying instructions and routes.
- Operate equipment such as truck delivery computers and telephones to exchange necessary information with offices, supervisors, or other drivers. This is done only when the truck is parked.
- Load and unload trucks, or help others with loading and unloading, operating any special loading-related equipment on vehicles and using other equipment as necessary.
Certificates & License
No less than a Class B Commercial Drivers License, Hazardous Materials Endorsement, Tanker Endorsement, DOT Medical Card, Air Brake Endorsement
If you feel you meet these qualifications and would be an asset to Parker Oil, please send your resume to Parker Oil, Human Resources Dept., P.O. Box 120 South Hill, VA 23970. Parker Oil offers competitive pay along with a generous benefits package including medical, dental, vision, 401-k, HSA, paid time off and Holidays. EOE